-

Friday, May 17, 2013

Success and other Drugs


I wrote this in a studio apartment in Downtown Chicago while listening to Animal Collective.


There is a feeling I get when I successfully complete an interview, or when someone understands my creative vision. I cant quite explain it though I'm sure its euphoric, the kinda feeling you get when find 20 dollars in a pair of pants you haven't wore in a month. Success is funny thing you know, because its fleeting. Its something we either all want, claim to have or too embarrassed to admit we'll hardly ever attain. There isn't much room for content in success, in fact you often see those who we deem the most successful are the ones striving the most to succeed. Why is that you ask? BECAUSE ITS A DRUG.... AND YOU ARE ADDICTED. Vain as it may be there is a difference between dinners at French Laundry and at Apple bee's(about 200-1000 dollar difference). Your heart yearns for that feeling though and you wont say it, afraid of coming off as someone whose submersed in social gluttony. The question beckons... is vanity fair? is there any true measure of the heart within the successes of the person it resides in? I'll let you answer that.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate